Sunday, August 1, 2010

Farren Square's Vintage Condition Guide

Well, there you have it. It didn't take very long. My love of thifting and vintage apparel has finally and full spilled over into my etsy store.

Because I understand that vintage items come pre-loved, I strive to be an honest Vintage seller and communicated fully the condition of everything I sell. Perceived flaws (can we call them love-spots?) will always be disclosed in the description!

In the interest of simplifying everything, I wanted to make a universal guide available to all my friends qualifying the condition of my vintage clothing and housewares:

Mint: An item is as perfect and pristine as when it was originally made and shows no sign of wear (mint condition is rare for vintage clothing).
Near mint: An item shows only the slightest signs of wear.
Excellent: An item shows typical signs of wear due to occasional use.
Very good: An item is considered wearable but has some visible surface flaws (staining or soiling, for example).
Good: An item is wearable but cannot be returned to excellent condition even if repairs are made.


This is a widely used guide, but not all vintage sellers are the same, so don't be afraid to send a message and ask that lovely person a few more questions before you make that vintage purchase. Know what you are getting into!

My latest Vintage find now on Etsy:

No comments:

Post a Comment