Thursday, October 27, 2011

My first handmade trade: SUCCESS!

I make no secret of my love over twitter. The biggest reason, of course, is that it has connected me to some pretty spectacular people.

Many of you reading these exact words, probably.

But one person who was brought swiftly to me after joining twitter was @chasingthenuns, or Sarah from Cerlandia.com. I have freaking loved this woman since BEFORE I WAS A MOM! Which seems like a lifetime and a half ago, okay?

She approached me to do a handmade trade and I said YES! And then we had a postal strike. And then I ruined the thing I was making for her. And then I was just the WORST INTERNET FRIEND of all time and just dragged my ass for weeks leaving the project unfinished while I trudged through sleeplessness and grumpy life.

But in the meantime, Sarah was timely and thoughtful and mailed me my half of the handmade trade.

When I opened up the package, the first thing I saw was my first (of hopefully many!) handwritten letter from her.


I pulled out the bag and immediately fell in love with it.


I just have to show you a close up of the adorable appliques she made! Originally I had hinted we might be using this bag for shopping.


So cute, right? Even crumpled up right out of the box, this bag is perfect, with gorgeous vintage fabric lining. Even though we don't use the bag for groceries anymore. It has officially become our library bag! So perfect for books. Plus, if Sarah lived here, we would for sure be library buddies, I just know it.

She even gifted me some of her son's cloth diaper covers for our own cloth diapering adventures.


And she never once complained (out loud) about how late and horrible I was. I can only hope I made up for it by sending her something she will really love... truly the hardest applique I have ever put on one of my stitched hand-bound journals! But she deserves it.

Love you, Sarah! So glad you found a way into my life and my heart.

Snail Mail Friends Forever,
Farren

Ps - Here is a sneak preview of the applique I made for her hand-bound Journal:

Go take a peek HERE to see the journal in its completion!!

5 comments:

  1. I promise it wasn't that wrinkly when I put it in the box. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super stoked I get to craft swap with Sarah! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used twitter to become snail-mail pen pals. Not sarcastically love. I mean it. That's awesome! Plus, hand-bound books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, look at you! Just thought I would say ¡Hola. Congrats, get in touch! English Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I love Sarah too! I have to blog about the adorable hats she sent us! Has only recently started to get cold enough here for Dax to tolerate hats, but they are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete