Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rookie Cooking: Learning to Cook like a Pro

I'm a total rookie cook. That is, when it comes to cooking I have no idea what I'm doing. Sometimes I will be talking with a friend about what they like to make and I'll gasp inwardly: "You can DO that?"


So, as my fledgling family makes a start in this world, I am forcing myself to learn to cook. And then I'm going to blog about it. Even the mistakes. Hopefully there won't be too many mistakes... anymore. You are more than welcome to join me on my cooking journey! And of course, share your experiences and improvements on any recipe.

Right now I am personally gluten-sensitive which means that everything will be entirely gluten-free. I won't be using wheat or wheat flour, rye, barley, malt, or any of the other plethora of items with secret gluten, and I'll note which gluten-free brands I'm using. I'm also completely egg, peanut, and dairy free while I'm breastfeeding my son because he has shown to be sensitive.


If you have any suggestions on what I should make, please leave a comment! And you can also see the recipes I have already attempted here.


Wish me luck!


xoxo
Farren Square

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job Farren! Way better than when I was a first time mom. I remember being half way through my first pregnancy and it hitting me that at some point I was going to have to feed my kid something more than breastmilk and I didnt want it to be canned soup. lol
    You are off to a wonderful start and I look forward to watching your progress and certain success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I really enjoy cooking and I'll be reading along. I do have a few gluten-free recipes up my sleeve as I have a neice who has a severe allergy.

    ReplyDelete